On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:22:30PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> Ague Mill wrote (25 Sep 2012 22:06:33 GMT) :
> > The branch bugfix/default_search_engines fixes the default search
> > engine selected for Portugese and Spanish.
>
> Great!
>
> > Short log:
>
> >   46a7885 Fix localized search plugins for 'es' and 'pt'
>
> I quite dislike the file duplication. Can't the copying be done
> in a chroot_local-hook?
>
> Also, by reading the commit message, it's unclear why only these
> specific locales are supported, instead of all Spanish-speaking and
> Portuguese-speaking countries. I think there are something like two
> dozens countries that speak mainly Spanish, rather than 4. So, perhaps
> the file copying should happen quite more heavily (one more reason to
> automate it :)

These directories match Iceweasel localization packages. For 'es':

 * iceweasel-l10n-es-ar
 * iceweasel-l10n-es-cl
 * iceweasel-l10n-es-es
 * iceweasel-l10n-es-mx

For 'pt':

 * iceweasel-l10n-pt-br
 * iceweasel-l10n-pt-pt

Do you have any idea of how to do it better?

The only one that comes up to my mind is that we move all search plugins
somewhere else in the chroot tree and use a local hook to add links
in directories corresponding to given the installed localization package
set. It feels unnecessarily complicated.

> >   f9d73a5 Be consistent when giving a locale to check.torproject.org
>
> OK, great. (FTR, the previous setting made sense when our syslinux
> menu allowed to pick "Portuguese", and that's all -- considering there
> are many more Portuguese speakers in Brasil than in Portugal.)
>
> I have a feeling that this commit is too much or too little, and
> causes a tiny regression for Brasilian users -- while we're at it, we
> should add support for pt-BR in our branding extension.

Yes, that'd be the way to go.

--
Ague