intrigeri:
> berta...@ptitcanardnoir.org wrote (20 Sep 2012 17:30:51 GMT) :
> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 01:26:23PM -0400, Robert Ransom wrote:
> >>
> >> Do not omit this patch.
>
> > But in Tails, the browser isn't started by vidalia. Is there another
> > reason I don't get?
>
> Yes, but I only understand it now. Or at least, I think I do.
>
> This patch prevents us from running a torbrowser-like Firefox (in our
> case, iceweasel + torbrowser patches) without the torbrowser.version
> variable set. That combination does not make sense, and probably never
> got any serious exposure to testing => we do want to have the
> torbrowser.version variable set, and this patch will be our safeguard,
> making sure we don't drop the variable by mistake some day.

Did you have specific ideas for the Unsafe browser while writing that?

If I understood correctly, having that patch applied in our binary means
we will need to set 'torbrowser.version' even for the Unsafe browser.
This might not be a problem in itself, but this would be quite
confusing, wouldn't it?

--
Ague