Hi Marco,

Marco Calamari wrote (07 Oct 2013 09:38:32 GMT) :
>> OK, but then GNOME Disks and Nautilus could have a way to "this is
>> a TC volume, please unlock it".

> Gnome disk, Nautilus and NSA, all three cannot have that.

Do you mean "none of GNOME Disks and Nautilus", or "not all of GNOME
Disks and Nautilus"?

I cannot see why GNOME Disks (or even Nautilus) could not provide
this feature. May you please clarify?

> Only possibility I see, to put some info in a persistent
>  file of Gnome. But just a request telling something like.

> "In the past you mounted this partition as Truecrypt container;
>  wand to do that again? If yes, gimme password"

As long as this is only stored in memory, for the duration of a Tails
session, this would be great. But I would not want to see that
available to all GNOME users around there, as it basically kills
plausible deniability. So, given we probably don't want to maintain
a delta with GNOME on this front, I doubt this is the way to go.
I'd be happy to be taught otherwise, though :)

> With no persistent properties, Nautilus may only look at all
>  partitions, see those with no readable header of known type,
>  and ask a possible mount for them.

I suspect this would lead to a painful user experience.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri