Hi,

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:14:22 +0200 sajol...@pimienta.org wrote:
> To follow up on the discussion regarding the removal of the clock
> applet, and since the new applet by Kevin C. Krinke won't be ready
> time for the freeze on Friday, here is a branch that removes the
> clock applet from the desktop.
>
> I'm convinced that the way forward is to have our own applet, since
> Kevin is already working on that, but the arguments in favor of
> removing the old one still holds, even if the new one is not here yet.
>
> It's a bit provocative, I know; and if we decide not to merge it
> that's totally fine with me as well.

I think it is better to wait for 0.22 and replace the current applet by
the new one being developed or merge your branch if the new applet in
not ready by then.

It seems me that removing the clock, explaining the users why it has
been removed, then adding another one and explaining why it reappears
another way is putting energy in basically nothing.

I won't however block the merge of this branch if others really see the
point.

Cheers