Hi,

The deadline for submission to our logo contest for Tails is tomorrow.
So far we've received almost twenty proposals! That's amazing. And they
are all very diverse and creative [1]. In two days, starting on April
1st, Tails contributors will start voting to chose our official logo
amongst those proposals.

Nonetheless, we felt the need to ask you explicitly for the licensing
terms of your work, in case we choose it as our official logo. Our
requirements stated we require a "free licence, compatible with GPL3+",
but as none of you stated which license they prefer we felt the need to
make that clear before voting.

To provide you with a list of possibilities, here are some of the
licenses that would work:

- GPL
  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
- CCO (Public Domain)
   https://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/
- Free Art License
   http://artlibre.org/lal/en
- Creative Commons Attribution
   https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
  https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

My gut feeling is that it doesn't really matter which license you
choose, as they all ensure strong freedoms to your work.

If making your work free culture is problematic for you, please answer
us as soon as possible as we won't be able to include your work in the
contest and need to remove it from the voting options.

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/logo/
[2]: https://tails.boum.org/news/logo_contest/

--
sajolida