The basic premise being that hiding the internal drives in working in what I call "safe mode" (booting with no admin privileges) to be more consistent with Tails goals and objectives of consistensy than it is to show them.

Since without root login, access to them is denied it is pointless to show them in the file manager and in the Disk Utility. In response to my suggestion intrigeri rephrases it in his own words as:

"I can see your consistency point, that I would rephrase in my own words as "one should not even see what they won't be able to access anyway"; when I zoom in on it, it totally makes sense to me -- thanks for clarifying."

Not having any experience in coding myself, I am calling any interested parties who feel this to be a worthwile and valuable endeavour to please take it on and to implement and maintain this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.