tl;dr: FF ESR 31.8.0 and Tails 1.4.1 are delayed for "at least
a couple days". We might have to rebuild the ISO, but it might also be
the case that we can simply ship the current one. It might even be
that we're not affected at all by the issues they're working on, and
could release earlier => I say let's wait and see what the Tor Browser
people do.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi there Firefox ESR users, administrators, and community,

*Our pre-release testing uncovered an unusually high number of stability
issues caused by a third party application that we believed might impact
users. We are now working on fixing this issue Firefox will be released
soon.*

This issue cropped up late in the beta cycle just as we were building the
release candidate for 39.  Other Firefox channels, including ESR, are not
significantly affected.

However, we are not releasing Firefox 31.8.0 and 38.1.0 today. The ESR
releases will be delayed, for at least a couple of days, until we are ready
to ship.

We will be testing a fix soon on the beta channel, and will let you all
know when we have a date for the release.   We're glad to have caught this
issue in time to prevent it affecting Firefox ESR users.

Best,

Liz

--
----