Andrew Gallagher
> On 10 Jan 2016, at 08:40, emmapeel <emmap...@aktivix.org> wrote:
>
> Ok, I didn't tried Andrew's script, but I can say that the 'permissions
> issue' was for the users that attended the most difficult part to follow.
>
> As in after backing up they lose the configurations,
> live-additional-software, etc.

Yes, the tool performs the equivalent of
tails-fix-persistent-volume-permissions on the target partition after rsyncing.
I had to code it separately as t-f-p-v-p hardcodes the location of the source
partition.

Solving that was particularly urgent, as I use apt persistence to pull my
custom software onto the tails drive for testing, which is much easier than
rebuilding images.

(The only wrinkle that still trips me up is that persisting single files is not
supported, so I have to persist the entire /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory,
thus tails upgrades require manual intervention - but that's a separate issue)