anonym:
> Me and intrigeri have deviced a plan for how we will deal with
> the migration to Debian Stretch, with the details being available
> in this blueprint:
>
>     https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/Debian_Stretch/
>
> In short, we do not want to repeat the way we did Jessie
> migration -- we think we can do better! The idea is to leverage
> our up-coming freezable APT repo [0] to take snapshots of Debian
> Testing (= Stretch) and have sprints to put Tails into shape
> around these snapshots regularly, without the delta growing too
> big neither against Debian Stretch or Tails/Jessie. We will also
> use this experiment as a benchmark for the idea to make Tails
> into a semi-rolling release based on Debian Testing, which is
> pretty exciting!

All of this sounds good.

> This is an early notice for this plan draft. Our hopes is that
> more people will get involved this time, for a more collective
> effort. We are in particular looking for one person to be
> responsible for the documentation-side of things, since we feel
> keeping it sort-of up-to-date will help us identify regressions
> early.

I can be this person.

> Regarding timelines, the freeze for Debian Stretch will be in
> early December, so the work has to start early enough so issues
> can be identified and fixed before that (post-freeze fixes are
> generally much harder). Due to other committments me and
> intrigeri will not be able to start this until some time early
> August, which will give us almost four months for this work
> before the Stretch freeze. We intend to kickstart this effort
> with a sprint where we meet face to face, and other participants
> will of course be welcome.

Now the Stretch freeze has been postponed to 2017-02-05.

I don't know what my calendar for the summer and fall will be but I
can't guarantee right now that I can also jump from "intrigeri will not
be able to start this until some time early August" to "kickstart this
effort with a sprint [in August]" (implicit in your email).