Hi,

thanks Joanna for raising this topic!

I've just thought about it a little bit and I see no technical reason
that prevents us from resetting all timestamps in the filesystem to
some fixed value that depends only (if at all) on the version of Tails
being installed/upgraded, during some late stage of the
installation process.

And it would be nice if tails-verifier looked at filesystem metadata
as well as files content, if it doesn't yet. I bet it's cheaper to add
this check than to prove that it's not needed :)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri