Hi,

intrigeri:
> I'm not waiting for feedback anymore on this thread, but I still would
> love to read what you folks think about this.

Ten days later, I have to acknowledge this topic is less exciting to
our community than I thought, and/or everybody is too busy to think
about it.

> Meanwhile:
> sajolida:
>> intrigeri:
>>> When I wrote "I can look into the money aspect more closely" I didn't
>>> mean to put this back on the table. Instead, I meant looking into
>>> re-purposing money that's *already* budgeted elsewhere for purposes
>>> I find questionable at the moment. I'd rather not elaborate on
>>> a public mailing list though.

>> I'm fine with repurposing!

> Cool, I'll look into it.

I've been over-enthusiastic here: there are other, more pressing
discussions I need to have with the same people, so I'll put this on
the backburner until we have a team, plan and budget for the next
years regarding such big migrations.

So with these two above updates in mind, I think the only sensible way
to go is to defer this until April or May. I'll update tickets and
blueprints accordingly, and will then update version numbers for next
year (*if* we eventually decide to release Tails based on Buster at
some point in 2018 Q3 or Q4, then we may have to renumber again, but
meanwhile we do need adequate version numbers).

Cheers,
--
intrigeri