Hi,

I am running JOSM on a Pentium D machine with 2 cores [but only with 32-bit
linux (Fedora 9)] and no problem so far.
I would suggest to try the latest JVM / JDK.

My Java is this:
java -version

java version "1.6.0_10"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode, sharing)

What is your configuration?

tschuess
Thomas

--