On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:40:04 +1000
Liz <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009, Liz wrote:
> > 1433 nodes
> > split it into 600+ and 700+, still couldn't upload the change.
> >
> > I wait on the bug report - someone has another problem with
> > relations and they may be related problems
>
> Merkaartor let me bypass the problem
> and split the way
> however, now one length has two relations
> member of multipolygon Oxley
> member of mulitpolygon KeriKeri
>
> other sector has only one relation
> member of multipolygon KeriKeri
> attempting to add this sector to multipolygon Oxley fails
> "transfer aborted due to error condition"
>
> 'Interesting' problem
> back to bug reporting
>
> and somewhere out here (Balranald region) is a way with over 3000
> nodes so it will choke too at some stage :-(

I'm working on 2 relations like this on KI that sound like they are
having the same kind of issue. ANY edit of any form to the relation
would cause an error - EXCEPT deleting I eventually tried on one of
them. So I've just kept a copy of all the details about the relation,
deleted the old one and created an identical one that matched the
original, THEN I could edit the new one without any trouble.

I suspect the same thing might work with the 'Oxley' relation (I think
your successful split was because the way that kept the realtion was
the one that kept the original way Id # and therefore there was no edit
actually required on the relation).

--

=b