--- On Wed, 17/6/09, Delta Foxtrot <delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Unless you have better than consumer grade kit you won't be
> consistently getting within 2m of accuracy all the time, and
> I think that sums the argument up right there, you're
> assuming you will.

Let me re-phrase... The main reason I think uploading GPX files is important is
so we can average all the data available and get within 1 to 2m accuracy.

At this point in time there is no way possible that everyone will actually be
getting 2m or better of accuracy all the time unless they have better than
currently available consumer grade kit.

Secondly, and I hadn't really considered this possibility but it could be more
important given the right circumstance, is so that it can be used as evidence
on how the map was derived.