Hi

Just thought I'd interrupt the twitter-like pace of this list lately
[1] and mention this.

As I keep reading in feeds [2], linux.conf.au 2010 is on in Wellington
early next year. We've discussed before how "cool" it might be to put
up a paper, tutorial or display there [3], if _only_ we could get it
together. Well, there are two days left. I'm writing this on the
off-chance some motivated individual might have a spare few hours to
put together something, anything, for this conference by Friday. (I
would actually have liked to put together a proposal for a mini-conf on
open data, but alas that deadline passed a few weeks back. ~:)

I think OSM's profile in the FOSS community is a little dim. Would
someone like to put some words together to go about addressing this? If
you do, best to let the list know of your intent to do so. You might
even get some helper elves. Urgh.

A tutorial on getting traces/whatever on the ground, using them to edit
the map, and then what can be done with that data, seems the most
compelling content to me. What's not to love about it?

Cheers

[1] Yes, the signal to noise ratio of late is a real issue for me!
[2] e.g.
http://www.michaeldavies.org/weblog/tech/linux-australia/lca2010/last-chance.html
[3]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2009-January/001317.html