--- On Thu, 6/8/09, b.schulz...@scu.edu.au <b.schulz...@scu.edu.au> wrote:

> Well, what information do you want it
> to get across?

Don't want look like a dork waiting for everyone to turn up :)

> Do we want "OSM Australia" to
> become some form of semi-official name for OSM
> activities/groups in Australia?

Dunno, I didn't think of putting mapping party on it, but I didn't want to be
place specific which is why I ended up putting Australia on it.

> I certainly think that re-using other OSM logos etc is an
> excellent idea though as it maintains brand consistency in
> the online->real world transition.

Plus it saves time and effort coming up with something else.

> It's probably worth thinking about how this will be
> seen, too. For instance say you're driving through a
> town you've never been to while looking for the mapping
> party meeting place. If you see that poster the text in
> "penstreetmap" gets lost very easily in front of
> the quasi-cammo pattern background.

I'm planning a one off vinyl banner about 50cm wide in full colour, everyone
should have a fair idea where to be already, this isn't for a general flier run
that gets posted out in letter boxes in b&w.

> Lastly, whatever gets written on it please try to maintain
> font consistency :). Serif fonts are great when you're
> reading bulk text but they aren't used nearly as often
> on banners as sans serif fonts.

Some people are colour blind, I'm font blind, I really don't see a lot of the
subtleties that some people do in fonts, I was trying to find a font that
looked similar to the "penstreetmap" text. Obviously it wasn't close enough :)