Actually, a follow-up to that, the logo is indeed trade marked, so it'll
have to remain as is, and possibly be okayed for use first. I don't know
how trade mark law works, so someone else might have to work that out.

Cheers,
Ash.

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 08:39 +1000, b.schulz...@scu.edu.au wrote:
> What I'll probably do is just upload all versions of the banner
> somewhere and let whoever is paying for the print choose and tweak to
> their liking. That way all we need to agree upon is the OpenStreetMap
> name and the magnifying glass icon.
>
> In the end it's literally a 5min job to make different versions. For
> example, I personally believe that the Japanese banner was made for an
> international audience, why else would it have "Japan" not only
> written on it but in Roman characters.
>
> So, if we want a banner to be shown in a SoTM presentation then having
> "Australia" on it would be appropriate. Otherwise it may be best to
> have "Gathering" or "Mapping Party" or "Meeting" instead.
>
> With regard to horizontal centering: I aligned the text on the right
> hand edge but intentionally left the bottom line a bit to the left on
> the LHS so as to balance the protrusion of the magnifying glass.
>
> I'll whip up a few more versions tonight. Going on an endurance
> training ride today :).

Ashley Kyd
• Web & Software Development in Brisbane, Australia.
• Phone (07) 3129 2332, or visit http://kyd.com.au/