--- On Fri, 14/8/09, Elizabeth Dodd <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:
> then we could have an editing fight, and I'm not going to
> do that

I ended up reverting the sections on residential/unclassified for the same
reason.

> the urban use notice has changed considerably by the
> placing of unclassified
> above residential when we were using them as of equal
> value

The problem is some/all routing software doesn't treat residential as through
roads, but do treat unclassified as through roads.

Effectively highway=residential means highway=[residential|unclassified] and
access=destination.

I realise we're not supposed to tag for the renderer, but this isn't quite the
same thing, as they've coded to a specific definition of
residential/unclassified that they interrupted it as. We can either align
ourselves with this definition or have routing go screwy on us.