On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And what about JOSM? So far I've just been using Potlatch because "it
> just works". What do I have to do to get Nearmap going in JOSM?

As Leon said, first go to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NearMap_PhotoMaps#JOSM. I would
suggest using "SlippyMap Plugin (Method 1, Using custom Slippymap
plugin)".

It's fast, and it works. A few tips (these should be added to the wiki
at some point...):

* download http://map-data.bigtincan.com/data/slippymap-tested.jar
* put the plugin in your josm plugin directory (google "josm plugin directory").
* download http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-tested.jar
* in josm, turn on the slippymap plugin (Edit->Preferences, find the
plugins tab then check the slippymap-tested checkbox)
* have a play with the slippymap options (Edit->Preferences, find the
slippymap tab -> i'd recommend increasing the max zoom level, and
turning on autoload etc.

Let me know if that helps. If it helps, can you put it in the wiki for
me? gtg kthxbai