---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>
Date: 2009/12/6
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] [Announce] OSMF license change vote has started
To: Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>
Cc: t...@openstreetmap.org

Hi,

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> The ODbL is overseen by a board which, as well as Jordan, Charlotte
> and Clark, also includes Lucie Guibault, a professor of copyright
> from the Netherlands, and Andres Guadamuz, a lecturer in E-Commerce
> Law and consultant to the World Intellectual Property Organisation.

Do you have any evidence that these latter two have actually read the
license? Because if not then it might be questionable to list them here,
whereas if yes, I'd love to hear what they had to say.

There have been some independent reviews of ODbL.

One relatively positive review by Axel Metzger, a German Law Professor,
which I have partly translated here:

http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/odc-discuss/2009-August/000181.html

There has been a slightly more critical review of an earlier version of
the license by a lawyer contracted by ITO:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ITO_World/ODbL_Licence_0.9_legal_review_for_ITO

And there's a review in Dutch by an "Internet lawyer" of which I cannot
say whether it's good or bad:

http://blog.iusmentis.com/2009/07/15/open-source-databanken-de-opendatabanklicentie-versie-10

Bye
Frederik