On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/9 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
>> If The License Change goes ahead, will that have any influence on, say, the
>> legality of tracing from nearmap imagery?
>> Does it appear as though some contributions will have to be removed if The
>> License Change happens?
>> If so, what kind of contributions?
>
> Nearmap allows in their T&C's to derive data, the data is under the
> license of the person deriving it chooses to release it under.

Hmm...the following is from http://www.nearmap.com/legal/community-licence.aspx:

"If you derive information from observing our PhotoMaps, and include
that information in a work, you will own that work, and may distribute
it to others under a Creative Commons licence."

Does that not imply that the derived information may only be
distributed to others "under a Creative Commons licence"? Maybe I'm
reading this incorrectly?