On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:42 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All 1,381 locations have been uploaded, there was a few more
> duplicates I missed before but these have been removed as well.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/3340910
>
> Bound to be some duplicates that already exist in the system, but most
> will need to be moved in any case because the geo data is bad.

How should duplicates which are already in OSM (but weren't close
enough to be picked up when processed) be dealt with? For example BP
Bellevue:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-31.8941&lon=116.0263&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF
(both appear on southern side of Great Eastern Hwy if your browser
window is wide enough; Node 332954025 is at the correct location).
Should information be transferred to older node or should the new node
be moved to correct position and old one deleted?

Arie.

P.S. Apologies to John for duplicate sent directly to him.