From: talk-au-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-au-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of James Livingston
Sent: Sunday, 4 July 2010 10:00 AM
To: OSM Australian Talk List
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Queensland parks, forests and conservation areas

On 30/06/2010, at 11:55 AM, Stephen Hope wrote:
> Are you actually going to put the fact that it is a State forest
> anywhere?  Sure, landuse=forest is not a problem, but some sort of tag
> stating that it is a state forest (as opposed to private land) sounds
> appropriate.

boundary=state_forest, and similar? They all have it in the name as well,
although that's obviously not ideal if you actually want to render them
differently.

I've put a small (~110kb) .osm file up at
http://www.sunsetutopia.com/qld_parks_ready.osm.bz2 which contains the
results of tagging and merging together the park sections (where they're
split in the original data). Magnetic Island is the most complicated one
I've done so far.
04:05:00