Where do we vote against the ODBL?

Im sure not going to start again.

Markus.

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-au-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-au-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of John Smith
Sent: Sunday, 18 July 2010 9:06 PM
To: OSM Australian Talk List
Subject: Re: [talk-au] ODBL yet again, but from a pragmatic approach...

I sent an email to Nearmap today to clarify about licensing of derived
data, the gist of the response was they won't accept anything less
than a share alike license, while the ODBL may be compatible, the new
Contributor Terms (CTs) aren't so on top of all the cc-by data going
bye bye, all the Nearmap data will disappear as well.

So unless the CTs change to accommodate these issues, we're looking at
a very dismal and demoralising map, especially in some rural areas
that recently became mapped out extensively, or we're going to need to
serious start working on building up the needed infrastructure to be
in a position to fork when the license change over occurs.

I wish I could be more optimistic but at this stage I doubt that the
CTs will be updated to accommodate us or anyone else in our position.

04:05:00