On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 07:54 +1000, 16 wrote:

> ... In a perverse moment yesterday I did a bit of a local test to find
>  out the impact of removing nodes touched by people known to be
>  anti-ODbL, and discovered that (for example) Ballina nearly completely
>  disappears if you, me and Rosscoe's edits were removed, and renders
>  Lismore more or less completely dependent upon Brenton (Biogenesis_).
>  Amazing how fragile some areas are.

As John pointed out, you need to check the entire history, not just the
last editor.  As John recently ran a script which modified every single
residential street in the country (without a maxspeed limit set), this
means if you exclude the streets with his name attached, youd be wiping
out almost every residential street, even though someone else might have
maintained the area for years before the change was made.

Also, there are many mappers around, just because one or two people
didnt map an area, doesnt mean it wouldnt be mapped.  If a mapper sees
an area filled in, they wont work so closely on that area, but if those
2 or 3 users you mentioned, hadnt mapped the area they did, someone else
would have.

David