Neil Penman wrote:
I could be wrong about this but It looks to me like Rosscoe added the street names for Marree. Most of the information in the changeset you referenced is for Coober Pedy. As far as I can tell the guy was on holiday in Aus mapped Coober Pedy then traveled on through Marree adding the pub as he went.

    Rosscoe surveyed the streets of Marree, and there are no street signs
    at all. From the comfort of his German home, staehler has determined
    the street names, adding in a few interesting points in the wrong
    place, but just the same as certain commercial map, spelling the name
    of the hotel and health service wrongly (which might avoid copyright
    infringements).
    I saw in this guys changesets also Halls Creek, and I really think that
    we should revert any Australian stuff he has done.

I added those street names I could find and confirm at the time I originally surved them in 2008.

I can't remember the exact details (there at home) and I'm in WA at the moment.

From memory "Fifth Street" did not exist as currently depicted but I can not be sure, likewise some of the others. The pub is on "Railway Terrace" not the Oodnadatta Track also from memory.

I doubt whether they were on holidays as suggested as there are no gaps in the editing time frame for staehler. This and the Halls Creek edits just appear randomly in amongst all their other edits.

as here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/staehler/edits?page=15

Cheers
Ross