On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Ben Kelley <ben.kel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seemed more like traditional GPS (comparing the time difference from a
> number of transmitters).
>
> The accuracy of signal strength triangulation is affected by anything that
> affects the signal, so you couldn't get 2.5cm accuracy with that.
>
> They said they were talking to chip manufacturers, implying that current
> hardware won't work with this.

On closer reading Liz and Ben are correct.  You need an extra chip in
your gps to receive the locata signal as it operates on the 2.4Ghz
band.  I guess they are hoping that it will become a "standard" and
all new gps's will be sold with this chip.

Hopefully what happens is that there does become an actual standard
for ground based GPS augmentation signals.