On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 08:30 -0500, Richard Weait wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 15:12 -0800, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> >
> In 2010, OSMF transitioned from "chair serves two year term and others
> serve one-year terms", to "1/3 of board stands for election each
> year".

Thanks for the explanation, someone else provided the simple two-year
explanation off-list, which makes the elections make more sense.

> > Interestingly, I notice the number of foundation members is dropping
> > over previous years, 2009 numbers were over 250, where 2010 numbers were
> > only 130.  Has any effort been made to find out why so many former
> > members decided not to rejoin?
>
> Those numbers surprise me.  Where did you get them?  145 valid votes
> were cast for the most recent election, so your "130" does not match
> the election results found here.

I found the numbers in the minutes, but from a quick look through now I
cant remember exactly which ones.  Unfortunately a lot of them dont have
membership reports, and those that do often dont state the number of
members.  Im not sure what the association laws are like in the UK, but
from my experience of minuting meetings (and openness of documents and
reports) under Australian law, these wouldnt come close to muster.  Im
happy enough to be corrected if youre actually able to find minutes
somewhere that do have the relevant numbers from points in time.

David