----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Harvey" <andrew.harv...@gmail.com>
To: "OSM Australian Talk List" <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Mapping Coastlines (Was: Re: Boundary removal.)

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Ian Sergeant <inas66+...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there is a man made seawall or barrier, I use that.  If not, I try to
estimate how high the water comes at high tide from the look of the
terrain.  If all we have is one image, then that's all we have.

If there was a seawall that the water reached once a day that would
make it easy as that is your mean high tide mark, but few places have
such a wall.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM, David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net>