Hi.

I noticed this the other day: Geofabrik Tools has a Routing layer that
highlights "islands".

Islands are ways that you cannot route to, and generally point to a problem
somewhere.

The routing layer only seems to apply to Europe, and puts hashing over the
rest of the world, although the pink "Islands" overlay does work for
Australia.

e.g. See this section of Sydney:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=routing&lon=151.08138&lat=-33.86157&zoom=15

This shows a section of the M4 that could not be reached. It was due to a
bridge incorrectly marked as being the wrong way. (Now fixed.)

Here's another one that is not fixed yet:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=routing&lon=150.82846&lat=-33.75053&zoom=15

I haven't looked into that one yet, but I suspect one end of the road (or
both ends) is not connected to the surrounding streets.

It's quite a useful tool.

 - Ben Kelley.