Hi Nick,

Yep thats a good idea to add the survey tag. Interestingly the ways did not
not have a source tag up until jan 2013 however Steve91 added the source of
Nearmap then.  Which I wasn't aware we still had access to.

I'll be heading past the intersection later this week and will check it out.

regards

Neil

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Nick Hocking <nick.hock...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Neil,
> I think the way to get this fixed permanently could be...
>
> Fix it one more time, re-add the note saying that the imagery is out of
> date and that this intersection has been surveyed.
> Change the source tag from nearmap to survey.
>
> Now even though one of the mnappers has a fairly colourful history of edit
> wars and non response to polite messages, it may be useful to send both of
> them a message pointing out that you have actually surveyed the area and
> that the Bing imagery is out of date. You could send links to the Google
> map sattelite view that shows the new layout and also the Google street
> view that shows the old layout.
>
> I guess that it's possible (but not likely) that the local council have
> decided that what they originally had was better and have resealed the
> parts that were removed.  You could check whether the latest mapper
> actually surveyed it or just traced it from imagery.
> I also think it would be nice if all edit software flashed up a warning
> (once per session) if you change an object that has a "survey" tag. This
> warning would disappear on the next click but may serve to give the mapper
> second thoughts as to whether his changes are for the better or not.
>
> Nick

Smap Consulting  <http://smap.com.au/>| Mobile Data Collection Solutions
Application Developer - neilpen...@gmail.com <minqiang.hu...@gmail.com>
Twitter: @dgmsot