Hi Daniel,

I'm creating a separate thread just so I can keep the data.qld.gov.au one
on-point with regards to my future plans for a whole of government explicit
permission request in 2014.

Bus stops sounds great although there is a stack load (thousands) of
existing Brisbane Stops imported from a no longer accessible source (QROTI)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QROTI
(Here is a quick example: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/739929)

I'm more than happy to help out with importing although I don't know which
way to jump on this because of potential route degradation the removal of
existing stops will bring with it but I also acknowledge that the existing
data is potentially incorrect given it is no longer maintained.

If there is any way to review routes that have stop nodes (highway:bus_stop
and public_transport:platform) associated to them that would be a good
indicator of impact to these relations.  If the ratio of stops to route
relations is low enough then it would be grounds for removing all stops and
adding them back into the route relations once the import was complete.
 Here is one of my local routes with stops associated to it:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3316448 (The stops would be removed
from that route if my suggestion was adopted)

I grabbed the Airlie Beach stops.txt file from the qconnect dataset and
that was fairly straight forward thankfully.  Literally no stops existed so
I tidied up the data in a csv, imported it and added a few fixme tags for
visually odd looking stop locations.  Brisbane will be significantly more
difficult but I'm up for that challenge.

Cheers,

Jason