Softgrow has done some work in metro Adelaide around checking roads:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_South_Australia

I would be keen for:
- New roads (housing developments etc) in metro, outer metro areas first
- Identifying naming conflicts in metro areas next

The later I would recommend manual checking of (happy to help) to avoid
clobbering roads that simply need splitting using a process like the one on
the sa project page.