On 20/07/2015 8:18 PM, David Clark wrote:
Hi Andrew,
That ford fails on ridewithgps so the problem must be with their routing engine. I'll get in touch with them about fixing it.
Thanks for your help.

An idea...
If the router is told to avoid unpaved roads .. that may also avoid fords. Fords may be seen as a hazard similar to an unpaved road by some.

Can you point to which ford node/way is causing you the issue?

Just as a quick test this route works and it passes a ford=yes node:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=osrm_car&route=-33.4973%2C150.7659%3B-33.5122%2C150.7665