Hi,

What are you actually trying to achieve here?

As I understand, the purpose of the original GNB update was slot in
GNB names where OSM didn't already have coverage.

If there is already a town/village/suburb/locality in OSM, and it is
already well located, then there is no issue that I can see.

What type of changes in the GNB have happened that you want to reflect in OSM?

I'm really not sure how putting a locality node bang on top of a town
node is going to be anything put confusing.  I don't think it
communicates any information at all.

Ian.