In Sydney there are a few named interchanges which have a mix of tags
(highway=motorway_junction, tourism=attraction, place=locality), they
are all the same thing so I'd like to determine the best tags to use.

Calga Interchange
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4860741425

Sir Roden Cutler VC Memorial Interchange
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2130503470

Light Horse Interchange
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2130503373

Pearces Corner
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4860741524
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/937430705

Top Ryde Junction
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4860741431

Meccano Set
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4860741423
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/390666005

The wiki page for highway=motorway_junction
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Ahighway%3Dmotorway_junction
is more about exit points along a motorway which may have a name or
number (ref), not so much for an interchange. So I don't think this is
the right tag to use. Plus JOSM warns it must be connected to the way,
which further confirms it's the wrong tag.

The proposed feature highway=junction
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/highway%3Djunction
looks like it's mapping out interchanges, so it seems like a better
tag, but it is less commonly used and still proposed. I'd prefer to
change them all to highway=junction, and better yet convert them to
areas.

I think it's fine to use tourism=attraction where it is such, like
Meccano Set, but it seems a bit of a stretch... Though this shouldn't
be the only tag.

What does everyone else think?