Except for the territorial boundary, Australia’s maritime boundaries in
OpenStreetMap are incomplete. I have found two potential data sources for
import from Geoscience Australia. Both are CC-BY-4.0 and I believe the waiver
for GSA covers these datasets, but I ask here to be 100% certain.

Link to the waiver:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:GeoscienceAustralia_CCBY_Waiver_EmailAcceptance.pdf

Includes boundaries of the exclusive economic zone, contiguous zone and
territorial sea (already in map):
https://data.gov.au/dataset/seas-and-submerged-lands-act-1973-australian-maritime-boundaries-2014a-geodatabase

Includes coastal water boundaries:
https://data.gov.au/dataset/coastal-waters-state-territory-powers-act-1980-australian-maritime-boundaries-2014a-geodatabase

At present, state and territory admin borders in OSM (admin_level =4) extend
out to Australia’s maritime territorial border (admin_level=2). It appears that
the proper form would be to extend to coastal water limits instead.

Any import would be fairly straight forward, just needs to be carefully
integrated with the existing state/territory boundaries and the recently
imported marine parks of Commonwealth waters (which are within the EEZ, but
outside of coastal waters).

Geoscience Australia has a useful list of maritime boundary definitions:
http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/marine/jurisdiction/maritime-boundary-definitions