City of Melbourne just released high resolution aerial imagery taken
in May 2018.

Right now I'm working to get the imagery into the editors out of the
box (https://github.com/osmlab/editor-layer-index/pull/561) but in the
meantime in iD and JOSM you can add a custom layer using this

https://{switch:a,b,c,d}.tiles.mapbox.com/v4/openstreetmapau.gdbhzo3g/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.jpg?access_token=pk.eyJ1Ijoib3BlbnN0cmVldG1hcGF1IiwiYSI6ImNqbWl3bXZ6aDA0MTkzd21xdnV1d2k0azEifQ.HYkMOqH_E2fYd1b0oXRe6w

We have an explicit permission to use City of Melbourne open data in
OSM (although I've just followed up with the official waiver form,
which I anticipate they'll support).