Hi everyone,

The OpenStreetCam competitions in Australia and New Zealand are now concluded!
Thank you all who participated! We will announce the winners next week. I need
to collect and verify the data.

No reason to stop collecting images! They help tremendously with mapping OSM.
As a matter of fact, I created a quick screen-cast to show you how I use OSC
detections and images for mapping. Every time I do this I can’t help but think
of Clarke’s third law — any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic. Here’s the link to the video —>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/406zllf3qrxpcop/openstreetcam-speed-limit-australia.mp4?dl=0

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/406zllf3qrxpcop/openstreetcam-speed-limit-australia.mp4?dl=0>
 and since Dropbox is definitely not magic, let me know if you can’t see this.
Please let me know your feedback on working with OSC in JOSM.

Also — we have our first couple of Waylens Horizon cameras[1] on the way to
you. If you’re interested in capturing with these advanced cameras, let me
know. We plan to get more of them in your hands either through a lending
program or a follow-up OSC competition.

Martijn

[1] Read a bit more about these cameras on the OSM US blog:
https://www.openstreetmap.us/2018/05/camera-lending-program/