My impression was that the 1.8m jump was to do with the GDA standard (and
therefore the MGA standards too). These seem like Australian specific coordinate
systems that are being adjusted. I assumed that OSM stored its data in WGS84,
which to my understanding is separate to a new definition of a GDA standard.

However, my understanding on this topic is very poor, so if others can help
explain the implications this has on OSM, if any, I'd really appreciate it :)

On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 09:24:21PM +1100, Warin wrote:

> On 03/01/20 18:43, Dion Moult wrote:
> > How does this get solved?
> >
> > Can someone help explain to me how this affects the map? My limited
> > understanding is that this is the change from gda94 to gda2020.
> > However, does osm store things in wgs84? And that hasn't changed, has it?
>
> For WGS84 to Australian relevance read
> https://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/positioning-navigation/wgs84

Dion Moult