On 19/2/20 2:51 pm, Andrew Harvey wrote:
Happy with recreation_ground. Agreed that amenity=exhibition_center is probably not the best fit for these.

landuse=commercial from the wiki is;

used for commercial purposes. Commercial landuse mainly deals with services and trade (tertiary sector <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_sector_of_the_economy>). Such area may consist of offices, administration, laboratories, logistics, hotels, car repair stations, and associated infrastructure (car parks, service roads, lawns and so-on)

That does not seem to be a good fit for country showgrounds. Ones in more constant use for example with trade halls might be landuse=commercial.

I have found a few with the older tag 'leisure=recreation_ground' that is clearly now 'landuse=recreation_ground'.