Hi,

We could see that couple of users started joining ways that have an attribute
junction=roundabout into single way.
By doing so, we recognize following (potential) issues:

  *   We have added plenty of destination relations (overpass
query<https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/SlI>) across Australia, and by joining
roundabout ways into one, relation could be broken because members "from" are
lost. In the same time, "intersecting" members haven't been added, so the
relation is invalid;
  *   If lanes (in real life) are changed within the roundabout (usually 2
lanes at some parts of the roundabout and 1 lane at the other), attributes
regarding lane information are lost;
  *   Route relations could also be broken;
  *   If junctions are NOT roundabouts (but have a circular/elliptical shape),
and ref id's were correctly set, after joining ways, refs would probably miss
or just one would be present.

Some examples:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/717778304
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/39804616
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/717765311 - travaudat actually added
"intersecting" role, but it is clear that lanes are changed within the
roundabout

I would ask users to try not to brake existing relations, and to note that
multiple ways can be a part of single roundabout so it is not necessary to join
these.

Thank you,
Nemanja