The most noticeable example in Sydney would be the M7 Shared Path
(https://www.westlinkm7.com.au/about/shared-path
<https://www.westlinkm7.com.au/about/shared-path>), which is a ~40km
uninterrupted bi-directional path alongside the M7 Motorway with normally
(though obviously not currently) very high usage for recreational cycling.
However, although cycling on the motorway shoulders is neither recommended nor
common, it’s been mapped on OSM as the cycle route „M7s"
(https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-33.83065/150.85767&layers=C
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-33.83065/150.85767&layers=C>) along
with the „M7 Cycleway“ route.