Hello list,

it's been a while for me to be active, life got in the way :-) I hope
everyone is sane and safe.

Every now and then I add some bus stops around my area. I wanted to add
operator and network tags as well but am not quite sure.

What I found so far was:

    network=Sydney Buses
    operator=State Transit Authority, Transit Systems West
    operator=Transport NSW
    network=Sydney Buses Network
    network=TNSW - Sydney Buses
    operator=State Transit Authority
    operator=Sydney Busses
    This is as a result of this query https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/VMz

Now my first point for a source is/was https://transportnsw.info where
I've learned that NSW is structured in several Regions
(https://transportnsw.info/regions#/) and Sydney is in the "Sydney and
surrounds" region (https://transportnsw.info/regions/sydney-surrounds)

This region has a multitude of operators providing different types of
services. One the operators page (https://transportnsw.info/operators) I
can filter for Sydney + Bus. In the big list I can find "State Transit"
(https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/state-transit) and by the images of
the buses there I guess that most of the stops I'm adding are from that
operator.

This leads me to believe operator="State Transit" correct. But reading
on https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/state-transit/about-us I can learn
that they are an organisation of 3,500 people with approximately 2,900
bus operators. Which leaves me again puzzled and unsure.

So the tags I currently thing are correct are

    operator=Transport for NSW

    network=Sydney Buses

but I'm sure there are others that can shed a better light onto this and
maybe provide some guidance.

Cheers,

Sebastian