Hi Graeme, I use the Gaia GPS app on an iPhone instead of OSMAND, so I can’t
comment on the OSMAND search results, but just to highlight the erratic
behaviour of search results in different apps, I got exactly the opposite
results to you when I searched all three addresses using Gaia. (Gaia uses OSM
for its search and routing but I don’t know what engine it uses for each).

When I searched for the first two streets with Gold Coast appended (eg Dawn
Parade Gold Coast), both streets came up first in the search listings, which is
the opposite to what you found. But when I searched for Rio Vista Boulevard
Gold Coast, it didn’t come up at all, although the street did if I omitted Gold
Coast. Again the opposite of what you found. Given this opposing behaviour to
OSMAND, I’d guess it’s a quirk of each apps search function rather than purely
being a structural problem in the OSM coding. Cheers Ian