Hi all,

As part of FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020, we're going to hold a mapping party in Perth on Saturday November 21st.

https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/hubs/perth/#osm_mapping_party

At the conference the day before I'm going to give a little lightning talk about how to edit OSM (just a general thing, aimed at people who might have a small inkling of what OSM is), and hopefully we'll get a bunch of people to come along on the Saturday.

The idea is to hand out printed Field Papers and tips for what to map in the morning, have everyone head out for a couple of hours of exploring/photographing/etc, and then spend the afternoon learning JOSM and iD and getting the data into OSM. (And I know, mapping the CBD of Perth isn't probably the most brilliant as far as interest goes, but there's enough missing and out of date data, and it's close to the Riff coworking space where we've been given a free venue.)

If any Perth mappers want to come along that'd be great! And if anyone else has any ideas for how to make it a good mapping party (I've not organised one before), please share!

Thanks,
Sam.