I'd say it does, except I think there was a desire not to universally tag
bicycle=yes/no on footway, given it's broadly redundant information. This
should be derived from tags applied at a State level.
But retaining bicycle=no if there was an explicit sign forbidding cycling.

The only other difference was a general ambivalence on how shared paths are
tagged. The wiki says highway=cycleway & foot=designated, people here were
also happy with highway=footway & bicycle=designated. Two sides of the same
coin I guess, and depends on which camp you're in. 😊

Adam