The existing southern end of this road which was known through
construction as 'Peninsula Link', and is mapped as such now, should
probably also be called 'Mornington Peninsula Freeway.'
See relation
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/12622680#map=12/-38.1791/145.1193
and ways within.
Here is a VicRoads doc referring to upgrades on the southern part, and
calling it Mornington Peninsula Freeway https://engage.vic.gov.au/mpfu
However roadsigns along the road seem to call it Peninsula Link still.

re the Mordialloc end - the project page is clear that *"The 9km long
Mordialloc Freeway connects the Mornington Peninsula Freeway in Aspendale
Gardens to the Dingley Bypass in Dingley Village..."*
https://roadprojects.vic.gov.au/projects/mordialloc-freeway
The press release for opening it calls it Mordialloc Freeway
https://roadprojects.vic.gov.au/news/mordialloc-freeway-open