> Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 16:39:39 +1000
> From: Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com>
> To: talk-au@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [talk-au] Should a "trail" route relation be one-way?

> Ideally the GPX file would have at least the trail as a contiguous conga
line ...
> with the 'extras' off to the end ... that used to make following it
easier?

> I would think that one file will all the variations (north/south bound,
season
> winter/summer) would be quite hard for the users to use and the
> maintainers to maintain... ???

I have mused on the maintainability (since that is dear to my heart), but I
think having the north/south, summer/winter in one relation will be simpler
that breaking-out more sub-relations - and I think simplest is best.
Anyway, what I am proposing is a step along the way to a more complex
implementation which could be done if this approach doesn't seem to be
working.

Ian