Feb 11, 2023, 11:38 by 61sundow...@gmail.com:

> On 10/2/23 12:30, Andrew Harvey wrote:
>
>> Hi legal-questions,
>>
>> I'm forwarding this interesting question about the OSMF          Terms of
>> Use preventing anyone from obtaining OSM data for          emergency
>> services use. This is in direct conflict with the          ODBL terms which
>> contain no such restriction, and also include          a limitation of
>> liability clause. Surely other emergency          services organisations are
>> using OSM data without issue.
>>

> I too think it is a legal cop out for liability.
>

> I think there are some emergency services in Europe using OSM      data
> already .. so if I am correct then it is possible (as it      should be in a
> reasonable world).

It was (and maybe still is) in production use for emergency services in Poland.

Partially replacing official data, partially supplementing it.

Legal situation got better in Poland but at some point official mapping agency
was
legally required to charge prohibitive fees, also from emergency services.

And - as far as I know - there is no government register of fire hydrants or
AED in Poland.